Your Lifestyle Documentary Session
if you are here, it means that we are soon going to be working together to take some rad photo's documenting you & your family
I have created this page for you, as a guide to bring some ideas and tips to make your session fun and engaging.
- Avoid wearing clothing with large notable branding & logos, you want your images to be representative of you and your family and not a company
- Men: relaxed chino's, jeans, pants or shorts, button up shirt, plain coloured t-shirt, weekend jacket and plain hats or caps are nice to have
- Women: Light layers are always nice with feeling comfortable, relaxed pants, jeans, a mid-long skirt, boho style dresses that are long, plain t-shirts, plain button up shirts, relaxed cardigans & jackets
- Kids: Plain coloured pants, shorts and shirts. Long/mid length dresses, plain cardigans & long sleeve shirts.
Note: The idea is to be able to take a set of photographs that best represents you and your family in a timeless kind of way, without too much distraction from loud patterns & logo's. It's a great idea to have at least two other outfits "just in case" and if your kids want to stay in their dress up outfits, sporting attire or dancing gear, that's ok too!
- I strongly suggest having an activity for you and your family to do together, this helps with creating moments and with making sure the kids are engaged, relaxed and happy. I love to take candids during this time some suggestions could be;
-Making fruit skewers
-Washing the dog
-Colouring in or an activity book
-Topping cupcakes with decorative edibles
-Building with lego
-Making masks or making puppets
-Jumping on the trampoline
-Having a backyard or lounge room picnic
-Making a salad
- Either before or after the activity (whichever flows better on the day), I like to also work with you in giving direction for some posed family portraits both together and individually.
- Home sessions are great if you are wanting to document your home life, don't stress about ensuring the home is "photo-ready". I will work with the best natural light available with your session, which may mean moving to areas that will be better to photograph with regards to natural lighting.
- If you are thinking about a location, I suggest ensuring that your booking time is within 2 hours after and before sunrise/sunset to get the best light.
Photography sessions can be stressful for a number of reasons, the best advice I can give is to go with the flow, remember the beautiful connection that you have with your partner & kids and go with that. Trust that I do my best to bring out the best in all of you so that you can look back on the photographs with a warm fuzzy feeling.
Cash on the day is fine, however I will send you an invoice with payment details shortly after your session.
If you have any further questions prior to your session with me, please give me a call 0413 692 699 I'd love to hear from you.